We have been awfully neglectful of you. For that we apologize. Now that we've caught you up on the past few months, here are our plans for the future:
- Work for about 2 years before we take off again
- Next big trip: Alaska over 2 seasons or until we run out of money again
- Work again for another 2 years? Seems like enough to get really sick of it!
- Eventually sail to the South Pacific and then get to New Zealand and Australia.
- Build an off-the-grid house in Idaho and move back to land
Now, that said, our plans are always subject to change, but people have been asking, so there it is. For now! Currently, we're in exist-a-board status at the marina since we can't sail (Dockwise post to come later) and can't motor (that pesky alternator issue from Mexico is currently in process). So here we sit, awaiting adventure!
As for returning to landlubber status someday, Jason's family lives in northern Idaho, so we think we'll head that way. The current plan is an earth-berm house with a giant masonry heater on 10 acres or so with a giant garden. And chickens (if I have my way).
And to pacify you with some pictures, here are some from our recent trip to Idaho in search of the perfect property:
Not too shabby
But not sure we want these guys as neighbors
And certainly not these guys
S/V Hello World's Travel Log
Home > Blog